John Oliver makes some good points about the Trump Wall for our southern border.
Just a few:
- Donald Trump throws out 4 – 12 billion for construction, all probably very low estimates.
- Maintenance of the wall would exceed the original construction costs in seven years.
- Our president can’t show a clear design that utilizes current technology to secure borders.
- How about taking possession of landowners’ property with eminent domain along the border so the wall can be built? I’m sure Texans will be good with that!
- What about the design, engineering, and transportation logistics to get this wall built out in the middle of nowhere?
Personally, I’m sick and tired of hearing that you’re either for the wall or open borders. I haven’t met anyone who is for open borders.